Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Things that make you go GRRRRRR...

So one of the things that I find the most frustrating is when I'm feeling fine and then out of nowhere, a symptom flares up. It's not an attack, just a simple symptom flare up.It always seems to happen when I am at work too. At least the cognitive issues do.

I don't like anyone at work seeing me as weak in any way. So to start having issues concentrating or even putting a sentence together is one of the most frustrating things about MS when I am at work.

Taking it up a notch is the trouble I have walking. It starts with being off balance, but further, it leads to my spinal cord injury caused by the inflammation from the MS. When I walk, one of my feet start to curl in and it makes me twist my ankle. This combination has made it so that I occasionally need to use a walker.

Being 27 makes that the most embarrassing thing. I hate having anyone see me like that, but it is what it is. This MS is a part of me now and these... we'll call them quirks... are now a part of me so it is time to start embracing the bad along with the good.

MS is something I have, not who I am.

Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.
Joseph Campbell 
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_inspirational.html#1co50sdCw2lycJmU.99

No comments:

Post a Comment