Sunday, January 19, 2014

Getting up and staying pumped!

So I've been working out recently. For a long time I kept telling myself that I couldn't do it because of my balance issues or because my foot curls in sometimes; but the fact is that those things are only true every once in a while. There is no reason for me not to exercise the other 85% of the time. Plus, exercising helps keep your weight down (DUH), it increases your strength and it boosts your energy.

Studies have shown that people with MS who participated in aerobic exercise had better cardiovascular fitness, better bladder and bowel function, improved strength, and less fatigue and depression.

An exercise program needs to be fitting for your capabilities and limitations and it may need to be adjusted as changes occur with MS.Make sure to talk to your doctor before starting an exercise program. If your doctor is anything like mine, he might suggest a few types of exercise but will basically tell you to do whatever you are comfortable with.

Well, that's it for me.Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment